International Relief and Development, Inc. (IRD), is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 20 countries. IRD works with a wide range of partners to design and implement, and provide technical assistance in the areas of health, economic development, relief, infrastructure, civil society and food security.
IRD Indonesia is inviting dynamic, committed, experienced and highly motivated candidates to join our team for the following position:
Position Title: Finance Assistant
Supervisor: Administrative & Finance Officer
Line Manages: N/A
Decentralized Basic Education: Youth Life Skills [DBE3] is a five years program that seeks to improve the basic education received by students in junior high school so that it directly relates to the skills needed upon entering the workforce; and assist youth who have dropped out of school before receiving their junior high school certificate to build the skills needed to better participate in the community and workforce. It is one component part of the wider USAID funded Improving the Quality of Decentralized Basic Education Program [IQDBE]
The Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Administrative & Finance Officerin the Implementing the overall accounting and financial control systems for IRD Indonesia and for using adequate and appropriate internal controls to meet generally-recognize d accounting standards. In addition, the Finance Assistant manages the DBE3 Semarang petty cash and enters the petty cash and other transactions into tracking sheet. Specific areas of responsibility to assist the Administrative & Finance Officerin preparing the financial reports to Jakarta office and DBE3 Provincial Coordinator. And assisting the preparation of the monthly fund request to Jakarta office.
1. Ensure expenses are in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), IRD policy and guidance provided by the Director of Finance and Administration. Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system.
2. Conduct periodic review financial report to ensure all project-related transactions are conducted and recorded in accordance with IRD Indonesia policy & procedures, finance guidelines, donor requirements, and in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable).
3. Maintain the preparation and review of the DBE3 Semarang bi-monthly expenditure reports, ensuring that they are accurate, complete and submitted to Jakarta in a timely manner (usually the 15th and the 31st of each month).
4. Assist the Operations Officer with the preparation and submission of the DBE3 Semarang fund requests and fund projections to Jakarta office. Ensure the monthly fund requests are accurate, complete and submitted to Jakarta no later than ten working days before the end of each month. (usually the 20th of each month)
5. Maintain DBE3 Semarang petty cash fund, serve as a cashier by reviewing (for accuracy) and processing petty cash vouchers, and recording them into the automated accounting system. Pay only appropriately authorized requests for petty cash.
6. Ensure there are sufficient funds available for efficient and effective implementation of the program with preparing cash replenishment to Jakarta Office
7. Conduct the data entry in excel spread sheet/tracking sheet , ensuring that transactions are appropriately recorded and that IRD accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented.
8. Maintenance of the filing system of all financial reports, fund requests and other finance documentation.
9. Consistent with IRD’s efforts to promote equal opportunities in the workplace, make all job-related decisions in accordance with IRD’s anti-discrimination policies.
10. Other accounting, financial and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned
Minimum of 2 years experience in an equivalent position. University degree in accounting, finance or similar field is required (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for degrees mentioned). Experience with QuickBooksor similar accounting software is preferred. Experience working in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization is preferred. Knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 is desired. Must have a willingness to travel to IRD Indonesia field offices on IRD business. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying, you should submit your comprehensive CV electronically, including salary history and 3 references. Therefore, please visit http://www.ird.or.idand select “Careers/Employment”. Then further select “Register Your CV” and follow the instructions. You will be able to upload your CV in word format on this site. Other documentation is not required at this time.
Closing date for applications is: March 17, 2010. We regret to announce that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.