Head of Mission Secours Islamique France (SIF)
19 Oktober 2009 Tinggalkan komentar
re-post from devjobsindo mailing list
Head of Mission
Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1992, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF is an Islamic Relief worldwide family member and intervenes in more than 30 countries around the world through operations of emergency aid, recovery and development. SIF provides its help since more than 15 years in the respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or sex.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2009
Location: Jakarta, Padang
In early October 2009, 1 HOM, 1 log, 1watsan went in Sumatra for an assessment in Padang area. A first emergency project will be implemented in the coming days. SIF plans to perform projects during the recovery phase of the humanitarian operation.
Under the supervision of the Head Quarter, the Head of Mission will insure :
Representation and communication (with the partners institutions, NGO’s)
* External Relations (donors, coordination mechanisms, NGOs, Ministries…)
* Ensure the preparation, finalisation and timely hand over of the reports to the donors;
* Coordination of the elaboration of new proposal and trying to diversify the sources of funding;
* Participation to the meetings organised by the donors or Ministries when relevant.
* Ensuring the good relationship with the authorities (prevent blockages, intervene if there are some…) and follow their policy change in link with SIF activities;
Project management :
* Supervise the implementation of SIF program in Indonesia:
* Manage the emergency support program to the population of Padang
* Assess the needs, revision and definition of SIF positioning (with HQ);
* Ensure that SIF positioning (activities, geographical) is relevant to the needs identified;
* Develop with the coordination team new proposals corresponding to the needs identified in the country
* Ensure the good allocation of the resources – human, logistic, financial;
* Ensure that SIF cores of values and mandate are respected by national staff; and partner associations.
* Insure Human resources management (recruitment, trainings, organisation ..)
* Insure logistical and financial supply
* Assume financial and logistical management in order to optimise resources
* Analysis and Definition of the security measures
* Analyse the security situation at national and provincial level, taking into consideration the international environment as well;
* Define the security measures according to the context.
* Relevant diploma in emergency program management
* Two years experience at a high responsibility post in a development or humanitarian organisation
* Experience in staff management and development
* Capacity for critical analysis of the reality and strategic vision
* Expatriation with thorough knowledge of the country
* Proficiency in written and spoken English
* Computer skills (Office)
* Flexibility, patience and diplomacy are key skills in order to be successful
* Autonomy and initiative
Minimum baccalaureate + 2 years for an advanced vocational diploma (BTS or DUT or Masters) or university general diploma as baccalaureate + 3-4 years. Prior experience in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene is compulsory. Previous experience in field essential and knowledge of humanitarian work strongly recommended.
CONTRACT: 6 months
How to apply
CV + cover letter at rh@secours-islamiqu e.org
Reference Code: RW_7WRLNU-75