IT Database Assistant (SVN/ID10/2009/080)
19 Oktober 2009 Tinggalkan komentar
re-post from devjobsindo mailing list
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Jakarta is looking for an
IT Database Assistant according to the terms of reference below.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to
hrjakarta@iom. int not later than 23 October
2009 2008 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates
are requested to specify their availability date in the application
form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2009/ 080
Position Title : IT Database Assistant
Classification : Employee, Grade 5
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia (will be
based at the Directorate General
of Immigration in
Kuningan, Jakarta Selatan)
Type & duration of contract: Special All Inclusive, 3 months with
possibility of extension
Under the direct supervision of the IOM Inhouse Technical Consultant,
the incumbent will be responsible for the development and ongoing
support and maintenance of the Irregular Migrant Database System (IMDB)
planned for the Mission and the Directorate General of Immigration
(Imigrasi). In particular, s/he will:
1. Undertake to the overall design of the database and application
2. Liaise as necessary with relevant representatives from the
stakeholder organisations in designing the database functionality.
3. Carry out the construction of the physical database design
consistent with a given specifications.
4. Programme the user interface and business logic required
consistent with given specifications.
5. Develop the required utilities and mechanisms for transferring
data files between mobile devices and the central database.
6. In close coordination with the Program Manager of the project or
the delegated staff, implement the necessary security mechanisms at
physical and logical levels, to protect data access and confidentiality
of the system, including, but not limited to, the provision of
appropriate user groups and rights assignment according to specific
roles, in compliance with industry-standard security procedures.
7. Provide end-user support for the utilization of the IMDB in all
locations and secure the appropriate mechanisms for accurate and
effective data compilation.
8. Implement when necessary, training to end-users to ensure
productive use of existing and new versions of the IMDB.
9. Coordinate the implementation of regular backups for the IMDB
data in all locations and secure the existence of a centralized data
repository for national data.
10. Cooperate and coordinate project activities with authorised staff
of the Directorate of Immigration Information Systems.
11. Comply with all reasonable instructions and observe site
procedures, security and regulations provided by Imigrasi.
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
– University degree in computer science or equivalent
professional/ industry experience in the areas of database design,
programming and ongoing maintenance/ support.
– Demonstrable experience in RDBMS, particularly with MySQL.
– Experience in the programming of web-based applications using
Java, XML and related software development tools.
– Knowledge and experience in the development and use of
client-server based application systems.
– Knowledge and experience in the use of Red Hat Linux
Enterprise v5 operating system.
– Knowledge and experience in the use of Crystal Reports.
– Capacity to perform effectively under pressure, excellent
teamwork and communication skills, cross-cultural and gender
sensitivity. Able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high
level of initiative, perseverance and professional commitment to achieve
high-quality results. Ability to handle confidential data in a
professional, responsible and mature manner.
– Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
– This is the re-advertisement of the SVN/ID10/2009/ 071.
Applicants who have previously responded to the advertisement No.
SVN/ID10/2009/ 071 do not need to re-apply.
– Candidates should frame their applications around the Terms of