PROGRAMME COORDINATOR for the ASEAN SECRETARIAT-THE NIPPON FOUNDATION
28 Januari 2010 Tinggalkan komentar
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Secretariat is the nerve centre of ASEAN that comprises the ten countries of Southeast Asia, to promote peace and stability, sustained economic growth, shared prosperity and social progress.
In June 2008, the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) and The Nippon Foundation (TNF) outlines the funding received from TNF to implement people-oriented projects in ASEAN to promote the well-being of the peoples of ASEAN. Among the possible areas of cooperation: maritime civilian safety; leprosy and human dignity; human resource networking and development for ASEAN integration; promotion of traditional and alternative medicine for primary healthcare; and promoting equal opportunities and capacity building for the disabled.
ASEC-TNF is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
to administer the projects under the ASEC–TNF MOA. As part of the ASEC-TNF Team and reporting to the ASEC Project Director, the ASEC Programme Coordinator will perform the following activities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare consolidated Annual Work Plans and budgets, and regular performance reports under the guidelines of the ASEC-TNF MOA and for approval by the ASEC-TNF Steering Committee;
2. Assist the ASEC-TNF Project Director of the Steering Committee in monitoring, reviewing, and identifying new programs and activities under the ASEC-TNF MOU.
3. Work closely with the Project Director to align the priorities and activities of projects under the ASEC-TNF MOA with the priorities and developments in ASEAN and the ASEAN Secretariat, and to ensure effective and timely implementation;
4. Support the Project Director in authorising the commitment of expenditures in line with the scope of approved projects and work plans;
5. Maintain a consolidated record of all ‘approved’ programs and project initiatives funded under the ASEC-TNF MOA;
6. Maintain a consolidated record of the overall progress of all projects under the ASEC-TNF MOA. This will include supporting the maintenance of a central database of all funded initiatives;
7. Prepare Terms of Reference for and mobilise short-term consultancy inputs that are required to support overall ASEC-TNF; program planning and monitoring work (as necessary);
8. Promote and support donor coordination initiatives, including non-duplication of projects with other programs of ASEC;
9. Provide administrative support to the Steering Committee;
10.Produce and disseminate appropriate materials on ASEAN and the ASEC-TNF projects; and promote the program’s visibility, including through the establishment and maintenance of and ASEC-TNF webpage;
11.Support team work, effective information flow and problem-solving with the support of ASEC in manage the implementation of ASEC-TNF funded initiatives.
Qualification & Experience
· A Masters degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
· At least 3 years of professional experience with proven track record and exposure in government, private sector and/or international organisations. Experience in dealing with a wide spectrum of program development, coordination and management issues, particularly in the context of international/ regional organisations such as ASEC.
· Proven track record in developing, coordinating and managing complex development programs as well as in undertaking impact assessment.
· Proven experience of leading a team in a development project or program context.
Technical and Managerial skills
· Proven high-level analytical skills;
· Knowledge of concepts and issues relating to ASEAN and the ASEAN institutional framework;
· Demonstrated program and project management skills, including in formulation/ design, appraisal, management and reporting on project and program activities;
· Demonstrated HRM, financial and contract management skills;
· Excellent writing and communication skills (in English);
· Proven high-level consultation, facilitation and negotiation skills;
· Proven strategic planning and personnel management skills;
· High-level computing skills, including use of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to produce clear and concise reports.
· Proven skills in negotiating and leading dialogue.
uneration to Apply
Remuneration & Benefit
The appointee would initially be contracted for 3 years, subject to annual renewal and an initial 6 month probation period. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send your application highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at http://www.asean.org/ jobs, to the HRD, Admin, Protocol & Conference Services Division, ASEAN Secretariat, 70A Jalan Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110. You can also email your application to: hr-asean@asean. org.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Programme Coordinator ASEC-TNF.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 9 February 2010.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.