SERASI Logistics & Procurement Officer Palu
5 April 2010 Tinggalkan komentar
SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s continuing
evolution into a peaceful, just and democratic nation with respect for
pluralism and protection of human rights for all citizens, accomplished
through rapid and flexible programmatic, administrative and logistical
support for USAID’s strategic grants and technical assistance program to
mitigate social conflict and support peace building initiatives nationwide.
Our program currently includes activities planned for Aceh, Papua, Sulawesi
, and the Malukus. SERASI is implemented by the International Relief and
Develop (IRD), an international non-profit organization in Indonesia .
SERASI seeks individuals for the position of Logistics & Procurement
Title : SERASI Logistics & Procurement Officer
Department : Procurement
Supervisor : Eastern Indonesia Field Manager
Location : Palu
General Description of Role:
The logistics & Procurement Officer is responsible to develop and implement
purchasing strategy, to co-ordinate purchasing practices all procurement
activities for SERASI field office, both grant and non grant. And, ensures
there is an adequate and appropriate process to meet procurement procedure
and guidelines. Areas of responsibility include inventory, reporting, and
procurement data collection.
1. Ensure the logistics and procurement filling systems for SERASI are
2. Ensure regular servicing of office equipment to keep them
operational and to ensure longer life of the equipment.
3. Keep track of office supplies and make sure that sufficient
essential supplies are available in stock at all time.
4. Provides support for issues related to leasing, insurance and
maintenance of the office.
5. Handles all shipping of project related equipment and supplies
including personal effects. Obtains government clearances related to duty
free importation of all such shipments.
6. Coordinate and provide logistics support to the programs.
7. Acting as Assets Focal Point for received goods/materials and
8. Ensure that all assets are received in good conditions, certify that
supplies are appropriate and in accordance to the specifications required,
as indicated in Purchase Order.
9. Updated and record all assets in timely manner.
10. Maintain and update the warehouse records and carry out periodic checks
of stores/warehouse to ensure that stock records are properly maintained.
11. Ensure timely and quality procurement and logistics services provision
according to the project’s duration and action plan, while controlling
project’s assets and budget balance in order to achieve project’s goal and
12. Undertake all substantive procurement functions for all grant and
non-grant activities, including tendering, evaluation, placement and
monitoring of corporate contracts;
13. Ensure fairness, transparent bidding process and effective competition,
as well as best process and best value for money in all procurement and
14. Ensure proposal and institutional compliance in the procurement
15. Ensure there is internal consistency in the proposals with program and
16. Work closely with the Grants/Program Development section to ensure that
potential procurement actions in the proposal are feasible;
17. Other operations, management and administrative tasks consistent with
the overall scope of this position and any other duties as directed by
Eastern Indonesia Field Manager.
Minimum bachelor degree in relevant field (relevant experience may
substitute the relevant degree). Minimum 3 years working experiences in a
similar position in an NGO or an international organization.
– Having knowledge of English, both written and spoken, and to be
effective communicator, dynamic and creative.
– Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in
– Excellent interpersonal skills and able to manage community and
working in a multi-cultural workplace.
– Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business
purposes. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced,
stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform
other duties and work irregular hours.
If you think you are up to the challenge, write to us email the latest on
April 12th , 2010 and include a cover letter, your CV, 3 references, and
your salary history/expectation s to:
Suite 904, 9th Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman No 32
Email: opportunity@ <mailto:opportunity %40ird.or. id> ird.or.id
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER