Vacancy at UCLG ASPAC_Manager: Administration – Jakarta (Reference: ASPAC_AM_03_10) – exp April 17,2010
5 April 2010 Tinggalkan komentar
Post Title: Manager: Administration
Organization: United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC)
Duty Station: UCLG ASPAC Regional Office, Sunter, Jakarta, Indonesia
Type of Contract: Service Contract– 1 year, with possibility of extension
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is one of the eight Regional Sections of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) and based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is the largest local government organization in the world and the officially recognized voice of International Local Government by the United Nations. The Asia and Pacific region is the biggest of the eight sections in UCLG with linkages to more than 10,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people –more than half of the world population- and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India and Indonesia. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities and their associations, and facilitates programs, networks and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations.
UCLG ASPAC is accepting expressions of interests from qualified Manager: Administration candidates. The Manager: Administration will be placed at the UCLG ASPAC regional office in Jakarta and provides support to the on-going administrative operations ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Manager: Administration reports directly to the Secretary General of UCLG ASPAC.
The Manager: Administration will be responsible for the following:
• Establish and maintain liaison with UCLG headquarters and its regional sections as well as partner organizations
• Carry out official correspondence often at a high level
• Establish and maintain an efficient filing system
• Organize the purchase of office equipment
• Ensure sound transparent administrative and financial management including those aspects related to human resources, logistics and procurement
• Develop annual and project based budget plans
• Develop and maintain a system for cash-flow forecasting
• Process all office expenditures and ensure accuracy and compliance with existing regulations
• Conduct book keeping of routine revenues and expenditures incl. specific projects
• Manage data base for member subscriptions, prepare invoices and produce regular reports
• Administer office petty cash and ensure strict accountability
• Ensure reconciliation of UCLG ASPAC’s accounts
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of audits
• Conduct financial monitoring at regular intervals and report to the Secretary General
• Produce all necessary financial and administrative reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, activity based)
• Manage personnel affairs (records, leave, insurance, etc.)
• Ensure appropriate documentation of office operations (personnel, finance, equipment, etc.)
• Perform other duties as required from time-to-time
Special requirements of the assignment:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, economics or related field of study
• At least five years of professional experience in accounting or administrative work incl. international development projects and awareness of the strict reporting requirements
• Ability to facilitate the support and logistics for events
• Good written and verbal communication skills, especially in working across cultures
• Advanced English proficiency
• Computer software skills in all basic Microsoft word and accounting programs
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be required
The assignment will be for a period of 12 months with a possibility of further extension, subject to performance review. It will commence in mid- May 2010.
Interested persons should submit a covering letter and resume by e-mail to HRD-Division on email: email@example.com (Reference: ASPAC_AM_03_10) until 17th of April 2010 at the latest.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. As this position will be merit –based equal consideration will be given to both women and men.