Advertisement for Accountant in Bali office (ACC-IMP)
24 Mei 2010 Tinggalkan komentar
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a global conservation organization dedicated
to preserve the plants, animals, and natural communities that represent the
diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to
survive. In order to strengthen Indonesia Marine program in Bali office, we
open a position for *Accountant*.
The accountant is responsible to implement and manage the accounting system
in compliance with The Nature Conservancy internal requirement. S/he
responsible for preparing and/or reviewing general ledger transactions to
insure accuracy of TNC’s financial reports.
The Accountant is expected to provide valid, relevant and accurate financial
and operating information on timely basis to support the Associate Finance
Manager in setting the goals, decision making and control the performance of
the project. S/he should facilitate financial monitoring of expenses and
assist Associate Finance Manager for preparing the Indonesia Marine Program
(IMP) Financial overview. S/he also serves as liaison between IMP and other
field offices under the Indonesia Marine Program to ensure compliance with
internal and external financial, accounting, and administrative policies and
Duties may encompass a wide range of detailed accounting/financial
transactions from preparation of check request, review EER and MER,
including through general and subsidiary ledger entries, financial report
preparation and reconciliation, bank statements and budget reporting. S/he
may prepare and analyze general ledger transactions to insure accuracy of
TNC’s financial reports.
This position will report directly to the Associate Finance Manager in Bali
Office, and work closely with other finance team in Jakarta office.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting from accredited
college or university, 5-7 years of related work experience or equivalent
• Strong understanding of fund accounting principles, practices
• Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail, to keep
accurate financial records and to prioritize effectively and work accurately
under time constraints using initiative and judgement.
• May require in-depth working knowledge of grants accounting.
• Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues.
• Solid knowledge and experience using and maintaining automated
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Ability to work well with people.
• Strong organizational skills and accuracy, attention to detail
and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to lead efforts on complex projects with many
variables & set realistic deadlines & manages a timeline.
• Ability to adapt or modify processes in response to changing
• Ability to interpret guidelines & analyze factual information.
• Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow
• Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information
• Resolve routine problems independently; consult with
supervisor to develop solutions of unusual or complex problems.
• Ability to complete multiple & variable less defined
assignments in a timely manner.
• Make strategic decisions based on analysis, experience and
• Significant opportunity to act independently within broad
• Opportunities to act independently on assigned tasks. Refers
difficult issues to supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT –FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
• Manage daily project related transaction in term of complying
approved budget and ensure that The Nature Conservancy financial procedure
and policies are implemented correctly.
• Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation and list of advances for
IMP office. Review advances account in monthly basis and take any proper
action to the due outstanding advances.
• Operate Accounting GL program software and prepare the daily
transactions for Bank Register.
• Assist the Associate Finance Manager for monthly review on the
financial report from all field offices under the Indonesia Marine Program
and send to Indonesia Representative Office accurately and timely. Ensure
that all field office transaction comply with the TNC policies and
procedures and external (donor/legal) requirements. Provide necessary feed
back on any comments from Indonesia Representative Office
• Coordinate with the Accounting Manager at Indonesia
Representative Office in monthly basis on the foreign tax withholding and
income tax record for IMP and responsible to take any necessary action to
the local Tax Office.
• Responsible to prepare tracking report of IMP’s consultant for
their payment (fees and reimbursement).
• Responsible for preparation of summary budget center
allocation for IMP’s monthly telephone bills.
• Having an authority to maintain an account with any local bank
on behalf of the IMP.
• Provide assistance to the Associate Finance Manager to develop
the annual work plan and annual budget operation.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Communicates clearly and in a timely manner to respond to
queries and resolve problems.
• Demonstrate professional, positive, approachable
attitude/demeanor and discretion.
• Work with and communicate with a wide range of people
including; the public, program leadership, influential donors, and
partners. Work in partnership with other organizations in a collaborative
or advisory role.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or strain.
Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
• Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays
• Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
Application could be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4