IFRC Vacancy: Finance Assistant (Operations) – Padang
1 Juni 2010 Tinggalkan komentar
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent
Societies’ mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing
the power of humanity. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and
its millions of volunteers are active in over 186 countries.
International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Padang, West Sumatera Office – Indonesia Delegation is looking for candidates
for the posts of:
Finance Assistant (Operations) – Padang (1 position)
The Finance Assistant – Operations will
provide support to the Sr. Finance Officer in overall financial management of
West Sumatera Earthquake Operation. Maintain the records of income and
expenditures and process the documents as per Federation Standard
applicable to all staff:
· Actively work towards the achievement of the
· Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red
· Perform any other work related duties and
responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
· Respect and observe the Code of Conduct and staff
Specific duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Prepare and make
petty cash payment and bank payments and ensure payments supported by adequate
working advance reports and ensure that expenses are accurate and in accordance
with the policy and procedures of Federation.
and monthly cash reconciliation to ensure that physical balances are correct
and reconciling with the journal.
and archiving receipts and invoices to be transfered to Head Quarters.
data entry of financial transaction and information system.
and ensure effective working relationships with all other staffs and delegates.
other duties assigned by line manager.
Experience & Competencies:
· A Minimum of First Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business
Post graduate qualification in management field or its equivalent is an
· 3 years professional work experience in a finance or accounting role
· Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
· Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing and
· Fluent in English and Indonesia
· Ability to
adapt quickly with varietive working environment
good conduct and no involvement in all kinds of political issues
· High Level
to help others and work as a member of a team
· Able to work long hours, and overtime, to accomplish complex tasks
· Ability to
prioritize work in under pressure situation
· Team work
· Integrity and high standard of personal conduct
· Initiative and self management
· Good interpersonal and motivational skills
· Results focussed and accountable
Please submit your application letter
addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae
on 8 June2010 at the latest to:
International Federation of Red Cross
and Red Crescent Societies
c/o Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI) Daerah Sumatera Barat
Jl. Sisingamangaraja No. 34, Padang
Please indicate on the subject heading:
Application for Finance Assistant (Operations) – Padang
short listed candidates will be notified.