(Urgent) UNRC Vacancies as Coordination Assistant for Early Recovery Network Team in Padang
6 September 2010 1 Komentar
UN Office of the Humanitarian/Resident Coordination (UNRC) is urgently looking
for a suitable candidate to join its Team for the Early Recovery Network in
Padang, with below description:
I. Position Information
Title: Early Recovery Network Coordination Assistant
Reports to: Early Recovery Network Deputy Coordinator
Duty Station: Padang
Expected Places of Travel (if applicable):
Duration of Assignment: Three (3) months from 27 Sept 2010 – 26 December 2010
PROVISION OF SUPPORT SERVICES:
Office space Yes √ No □
Equipment (laptop etc) Yes √ No □
Secretarial Services Yes □ No √
II. Background Information
In response to the earthquake that struck West Sumatra on 30 Sept 2009, Local
and National NGO’s, Humanitarian Agencies and the United Nations launched an
emergency relief operation in support to the Government’s relief response. To
ensure greater predictability and accountability of the response, the IASC
Cluster Leadership Approach was applied to the emergency with the Early Recovery
Cluster being led by UNDP, to coordinate Livelihoods, Environment, Governance
and Infrastructure activities. With the shift from humanitarian relief
activities to recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction it was agreed to
establish an Early Recovery Network (ERN).
The ERN consisting of an Early Recovery Network Deputy Coordinator supported
by technical advisers in Gender, DRR, Environment and Livelihoods plus
Government Coordination, District Liaison, Translation, Information Management
and Administrator will ensure the timely dissolution o any remaining Clusters
(Shelter and Early Recovery) into Working Groups and the efficient transfer of
data, coordination tools, contacts, map atlases and IT equipment to the TPT or
local government at both provincial district level. It will also continue to
support the coordination of NGOs and capacity building o BPBD in coordination
and information management.
III. Objectives of AssignmentThe Early Recovery Network Coordination Assistant
(ERNC Assistant) will provide assistance to the Early Recovery Network
Coordination Team in Padang to coordinate, facilitate and organize coordination
meeting, and provide substantive organizational, administrative and secretarial
support for the remaining working groups She/he will be responsible for
arranging agendas, taking and distributing the minutes, and serve function as
communication interface between ER Network focal points and government as
IV. Scope of work Expected Results/Deliverables/Final Products Expected
The ERNC Assistantwill support the ERN coordination work through active
engagement and support of the Working Groups, with BAPPEDA/TPT/BPBD Offices and
with implementing agencies.
1. Assist the ER Network Deputy Coordinator (ERNC) for ER coordination in
· Liaise with the existing networks, enhance and maintain the network
with all clusters and focal points. This function will also include
communication, updating and disseminating information related to ER, and build
strong relationship with ER network.
· Provide information and relevant documents needed for the ER meetings
and taking minutes in support to the ERNC if needed.
· Provide translation support if needed.
2. Support network administration, focusing on achievement of the following
* Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
· Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance
of backup logs. Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups.
3. Provide administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following
* Maintenance of an up-to-date contacts directory of Working Group members
* Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of ER materials.
* Extraction of data from various sources.
4. Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
1. Experience and knowledge on managing recovery coordination will be
2. Experience in building network with local government, non-government
organization, relevant stakeholders, and particularly UN – Agencies will be
3. Maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking members
of national and local institutions, government and non-government.
4. Good inter-personnel skill, share knowledge and experience, a good team
player and self-Management.
5. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive
attitude, always in control even under pressure.
6. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages,
experience in handling of web based management systems.
7. Familiarity with the UN system, experience in working in and with
international organizations would be an asset; Excellent inter-cultural and
8. Ability to work with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence
and integrity with people of different national background.
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Communication, Public Relation, Public
Administration, Social Science or other relevant field.
· 4 years (Diploma) or 2 years (Bachelor) of relevant experience with
NGO or UN agency
· Experience gained from working in the UN is an advantage
· Experience in West Sumatra would be an advantage
· Proficiency in English and Indonesian language, spoken and written is
· Knowledge and understanding on local language and cultural value will
Please send your full application and resume to:
– stating the position
– deadline of application is 12 September 2010