Database Assistant at Muslim Aid Yogyakarta
27 September 2010 2 Komentar
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS APPLICATION ONLY RE-ADVERTISED FROM DEVJOBSINDO MAILING LIST. ANY QUESTION UPON THIS APPLICATION, DO NOT SENDING TO THIS BLOG.
Muslim Aid is an international relief and development agency based in London
with 25 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life
for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently
operating in more than 60 countries. In Indonesia our main programs include
Flood mitigation, Shelter and Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda
Aceh, and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Padang.
Under Service Contract between Muslim Aid – International Organization for
Migration (IOM) Yogyakarta to provide a high qualification Program Support Staff
to IOM Yogyakarta, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta is currently looking for a qualified
and committed candidate to fill the following position:
Position title : Database Assistant
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gross Salary : Rp. 1,200,000
Type of Contract:1 month – with the possibility of extension
Under the direct supervision of Project Assistant I (Administration & Data
Management), and the overall supervision of the Community Engagement
Coordinator, he/she will provide assistance in the implementation of livelihood
projects in earthquake-affected areas in Yogyakarta and Central Java. In
particular, he/she will:
· In close coordination with Project Assistant responsible for updating
database in daily basis according to data collected in the field as well as
carry out day-to-day data entry.
· In close coordination with the Project Assistant, prepare and provide
data to IOM central database
· Assist the Community Engagement Unit in preparing, copying and filling
various documents related to programme activities.
· Assist the Project Assistant in preparing periodic reports of the
· Coordinate with the Project Assistant in protecting data access and
its confidentiality, as well as maintain accurate database of beneficiaries
· Coordinate with the Project Assistant to implement regular backups for
· Undertake field visits to target communities for information gathering
if and when necessary;
· Extend support to other units as per the request of the Project
Assistant or Programme Manager.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
· S1 degree in computer science, relevant administration study or a
combination of relevant education and professional experience
· Previous experience in the field of data management and administration
· Strong familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) application
· Detail oriented, excellent administrative and organizational skills
· Efficient, flexible, punctual and demonstrated ability to work
effectively under low supervision and with tight deadline.
· Previous experience in international organization and/or local NGO
· Outgoing and people-oriented
· Knowledge of basic English is required.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and updated CV (including at least
three references with contact information) as attachment to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applied as the subject of the
e-mail. Example : Database Assistant, Subject must be: [DA] Your Name.
Applications must be submitted at the latest 5 (five) days after the vacancy
published and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb. Muslim Aid gives an
equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or religion.