Logistics Supervisor at Muslim Aid Yogyakarta
13 Oktober 2010 Tinggalkan komentar
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS APPLICATION ONLY RE-ADVERTISED / RE-POST FROM DEVJOBSINDO MAILING LIST. ANY QUESTION UPON THIS APPLICATION, DO NOT SENDING TO THIS BLOG.
Muslim Aid is an international charity and development agency based in London
with 25 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life
for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently
operating in more than 70 countries with 13 field offices. Our vision is a
world of peace, compassion and justice where all people achieve fulfillment in
all aspects of their lives. In Indonesia our main programs include Flood
mitigation, Shelter and Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda Aceh,
and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Padang.
Under Service Contract between Muslim Aid – International Organization for
Migration (IOM) Yogyakarta to provide a high qualification Technical Support
Staff to IOM Yogyakarta, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta is currently looking for a
qualified and committed candidate to fill the following position:
Position title : Logistics Supervisor ( 2 staff )
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Type of Contract : 1 month (with possibility of extension)
Gross Salary : Rp. 3.100.000,00
Under the overall supervision of the Livelihood Programme Manager and the direct
supervision of the Programme Logistics Coordinator (PLC), the incumbent will
assist the PLC in the implementation of logistics activities within Livelihood
Programme, with particular assignments as follows:
1. In coordination with PLC, maintain daily activities of the logistics
assistants in the field.
2. Prepare concise reports based on facts and findings from the field in
order to gain improvement of Programme Logistics Unit (PLU) activities.
3. In coordination with IOM Procurement unit, perform field surveys regarding
items will be purchased as program’s assistance package, technical assistance
training materials, and for other logistics items needed by programme; ensure
that items being purchased meet to its original specification
4. In coordination with Community Engagement Unit (CEU) and Market Research
Unit (MRU), and their partners when necessary, involved in preparing list of
goods and technical assistance training materials to be provided.
5. Provide technical and engineering recommendations on the items to be
purchased, includes specification, sketch and or technical drawing, estimation
of production capacity, or others related, particularly for assistance packages
and training materials.
6. Assist PLC in preparing distribution of goods, technical assistance
training materials, and assistance packages, include: documents (Receiving
Report, End User Certificate, Quality Control Form, Deed of Donations, etc),
vendor coordination, transport and labour management, efficient delivery routing
and distribution flow.
7. In coordination with other unit, particularly the CEU, assist in handover
process of livelihood goods to beneficiaries.
8. In coordination with Training and Media Unit (TMU) and or CEU, conduct
socialization amongst communities; ensuring that communities are well informed
about the assistance scheme, the calculation, and catalogue usage as reference.
9. To perform daily field logistics supporting activities, include meals
distribution and maintaining accurate record and updates of data of assistance
points. Ensuring communities receive assistances packages according to the
accurate records produced by the Unit and well coordinated with the related
10. In coordination with TMU, CEU, and MRU, perform logistics support during
the programme events, such as graduation of trainings and when available, Micro
and Small Enterprise (MSE)’s exhibition, conducted within areas of
implementation or other location.
11. Prepare and ensure that every logistics transaction recorded accurately in
a standard IOM document (e.g Receiving Report, Waybill, Deed of Donation, EUC,
etc), both hard copies and electronic data.
12. Ensure that all items and goods delivered to communities in a good quality
and respecting the timely manner.
13. Perform a follow up and replacement of broken, rejected, and out of
qualification goods received by beneficiary, following the complaint mechanism
and warranty procedures agreed.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
* Associate degree, preferably University Degree in Social Science,
Engineering, or alternatively, a combination of related education and
* Attention to detail.
* Able to take responsibility as a team leader.
* Ability to work in a clean accountable and transparent work system and
respecting IOM codes of conduct.
* Willingness to spend amount of time in the field and or the remote area.
* Computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel, E-mail and other office
software. Ability in using Corel is a plus.
* Able to work in a tight deadline.
* Honest, flexible, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative
thinking, and punctual.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate ability to work
effectively in team situations.
* Fluency in Javanese and or English ability is advantageous.
* Women are encouraged to apply.
· Applicants should submit a cover letter stating current and expected
salaries, updated CV (including at least three references with contact
information) as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position
applied as the subject of the e-mail. Example : Logistics Supervisor position,
Subject must be: [LS] Your Name. Applications must be submitted at the latest a
week after the vacancy published and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Muslim Aid gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or
· To current employee of IOM – Muslim Aid Yogyakarta, please make sure
you have permission from your supervisor if you wish to apply for this position.